Laurie Lipton hails from New York. She was the first person to graduate from Carnegie-Mellon University in Pennsylvania with a Fine Arts Degree in Drawing (with honours). She has lived in Holland, Belgium, Germany and France and has made her home in London since 1986. Her work has been exhibited extensively throughout Europe and the USA. Her drawing have left me searching for mats and picture frames that will make this pictures perfect for my room.
Laurie says, "photographer, Diane Arbus, was another of my inspirations. Her use of black and white hit me at the core of my Being. Black and white is the color of ancient photographs and old TV shows… it is the color of ghosts, longing, time passing, memory, and madness. Black and white ached. I realized that it was perfect for the imagery in my work.”
OK I must get back to my search for picture frames and such! If you want more information check out http://www.laurielipton.com/
![]() |
| Dont judge me just because I am considering putting this up in my bedroom! |
![]() |
| This is Laurie Lipton!! |





No comments:
Post a Comment